You are here



Can the same person be the contact for multiple applications?


Can the grant money be used to recapture expenses incurred since March or does it have to be used for new expenses?

It is meant to be used for new expenses. You will need to contact the finance department if you think you have some prior expenses you would want to cover. It is our expectation that these grant funds will be exhausted by facilities for the allowed expenses between June 1, 2020 and before December 1, 2020.

We have two adult day care centers, should we have two grant applications or just one?

Each licensed facility will have it’s own application. They may share a common licensed operating entity but an application will be filed for each license number.

Is there a time frame for submitting our monitoring plan? We received the monitoring plan on June 24, is it 30 days after that?

Oklahoma’s plan for Phased Reopening in Long-Term Care Facilities was released on June 12, 2020, and effective June 15, 2020 with the Governor’s Amended Executive Order 2020-20. That Phased Reopening document explained, “Within four weeks of the issuance of this re-opening plan, all operating adult day care, residential care, assisted living, nursing and skill nursing facilities, and intermediate care facilities for individuals with developmental or intellectual disabilities will:

  1. identify to the Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) by name, phone and email, a licensed health care professional as their infection preventionist (IP),
  2. provide the Department evidence the IP completed the CDC's Nursing Home Infection Preventionist Training Course;
  3. have their IP provide the OSDH documentation of an Infection Prevention and Control Risk Assessment and a monitoring plan;

The assessment is to be performed or updated on or after the issuance of the plan for phased reopening, to account for the guidance and requirements in the plan, including the facility's visitation and outings policies.

There were delays in our issuance of model forms for documenting monitoring. Those are not required forms; facilities may submit their own forms for approval. If you require later than July 15th to submit your forms please email [email protected].

Are ICF-IIDs eligible for the grant money?


Where can I find information about the LTC CARES Grant?

The Grant program application website was published July 1, 2020, and the website is here:

How do facilities apply?

A web form submission application is required. See the application sample for the required information:

Can I mail an application?

No. You must submit the application through the online web form:

FEIN/TIN and DUNS Numbers

Is there a charge for a DUNS number?

No, but it takes about 15 minutes once you have your forms.

What do I need for a DUNS number?

You will need to provide the following information:

  • Legal name of your business entity
  • Address
  • Phone number
  • Name of the CEO or business owner
  • Legal structure or type of business (corporation, partnership, proprietorship, etc.)
  • Year the entity was created
  • Primary line of business
  • Total number of employees (full- and part-time)
  • Documents needed:
    • To request a new DUNS Number or modify an existing DUNS Number you will need two forms of acceptable documentation to complete this process. Examples of Accepted Documents for New DUNS numbers are:
      • Secretary of State Articles of Incorporation
      • Secretary of State receipt of Filing
      • Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) Confirmation Letter
      • Employer Identification Number (EIN) Confirmation Letter
      • DBA / Assumed Name Certificate Filing
      • Lease Agreement
      • Mortgage
      • Phone or Internet Bill
      • Utility Bill
      • Homeowners or Renters Insurance
      • City or State Tax Permit
      • DBA/Assumed Name filing
      • Invoice from a third party
      • Proof of Insurance
    • Both documents must clearly show correct legal business name at the current physical address.
    • These documents will be uploaded electronically, in STEP 2, prior to submission.
    • For Sole Proprietorship, please ensure documentation contains your personal Legal Name and current Physical Address. (Personal Mailboxes-PMB, 3rd party mail sites, Virtual Offices, APO & FPO addresses will not be accepted).
My facility uses my Social Security Number for the FEIN/TINS, do I use that here?

If you are authorized to use your SSN for your TINS, you can use that number.

What is a DUNS number?

The Federal government requires that all applicants for Federal grants and cooperative agreements have a DUNS number.  A DUNS number is a unique, non-indicative 9-digit identifier issued and maintained by Dun and Bradstreet (D&B) that verifies the existence of a business entity globally. D&B assigns a DUNS number for each physical location of a business. Here is a link to their FAQ site:

Do I have to have a DUNS number?

All recipients that get an award greater than $25,000 must supply a DUNS number.

If I don’t have a DUNS number, what do I do?

You must apply and receive a DUNS number before you can apply for the CARES grant. Visit this link to apply for your DUNS number:

How long does it take to get a DUNS Number? reports that you should allow up to two business days to obtain a DUNS number.

How do I get a DUNS Number?

Visit this link to apply for your DUNS number:

Financial Accountability

What if I cannot answer yes to all of the financial accountability questions?

Select all that apply. These answers guide oversight, not the amount of an award.

Licensed Operating Entity Name, License Number and Facility Name

Where do I find my Licensed Operating Entity name, license number and Facility Name?

On the facility license issued by the Oklahoma State Department of Health. This document also lists the licensed beds or participants. Call Health Facility Systems at 405-271-6868 for questions about your license.

Do I report my resident/participant census as of February 1st or my licensed bed count?

Report the census.

As an Adult Day Care Center, we were closed on Saturday, February 1, 2020. What do I report?

  Report the preceding Friday or following Monday.

My facility is a licensed Continuum of Care facility, how do I apply?

You will make one application for the facility that covers all assisted living, nursing facility and adult day care beds approved on the license.

My facility is a licensed Continuum of Care facility; can I apply for my independent living residents?


Can I count a resident in my census on February 1, 2020, if they were on hospital or therapeutic leave that day?

Yes, as long as they had not been discharged.

Approved Infection Prevention Plan

Do I still have to do an infection prevention and control risk assessment and monitoring plan completed by an infection preventionist and submit it to the Health Department if the facility is not applying for a grant?


Do I have to submit my reopening plan with my infection prevention and control risk assessment and monitoring plan?

No. Reopening plans do not require submittal or approval by the Department.

My facility is a licensed Continuum of Care facility; do I need to do separate infection prevention and control risk assessment and monitoring plan for each service?

No. However, the infection prevention and control risk assessment and monitoring plan should cover each service (i.e. the assisted living versus the nursing facility because they likely have different risks). An infection preventionist award of $15,000 will be available for each service line.

My facility is a licensed Continuum of Care facility; do I need a separate infection preventionist for each facility?

No. Continuum of Care facilities will receive an infection preventionist award based on the number of lines of service indicated by their census counts for each line of service.

We submitted our infection prevention and control risk assessment and monitoring plan but have not received an approval; can we go ahead and apply for the grant?

Wait until you have the approval, then apply. Grants will not be approved without the approval.